Compact, attractive, and filled with Roland’s award-winning features, the RP-401R is the ideal choice for a young family looking to bring a quality piano into their home. With its premium sound and touch, the affordable RP-401R presents a solid musical foundation for children and adults as they learn to play. In addition, onboard rhythm accompaniments offer a fun way to build timing skills while experiencing a full ensemble sound that automatically follows chords played on the keyboard. Players can also enjoy the unique sound field of an acoustic piano during private practice sessions, thanks to the innovative Headphones 3D Ambience effect. Also included in the RP-401R are many extras to engage young students and encourage regular practice, such as a wide selection of instrument tones beyond the piano and support for free Roland piano apps for the iPhone and iPad.
- Roland’s acclaimed piano technologies in an attractive and affordable instrument for any home
- Enjoy the rich, authentic tone of a real acoustic grand with SuperNATURAL® Piano
- New PHA-4 Standard Keyboard features high-resolution sensing that maximizes the vast tonal potential of the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- Progressive Damper Action pedal with continuous response for half-pedaling and other traditional acoustic piano techniques
- Sophisticated onboard rhythm feature with intelligent accompaniment; 72 different rhythm styles, including 6 pianist styles
- Explore a world of instruments beyond the acoustic piano with 305 additional tones that include electric pianos, strings, organs, guitars, brass, synthesizers, and many others
- Large onboard song library covers piano classics as well as popular études such as Czerny 100 and Hanon
- Display music scores and select RP-401R tones, songs, and rhythms with the free Piano Partner app for iPad
- Play along with favorite songs in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the free Air Performer app
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect provides a multi-dimensional sound experience while using headphones for private practice
- Connect USB memory to play along with WAV/SMF songs and save performances you’ve captured with the onboard recorder
- USB Computer port for using the RP-401R with music software on a Mac or Windows computer
- Convenient features for daily playing, including a Volume Limit function and independent volume adjustment for headphones
- Space-saving cabinet with your choice of Contemporary Black or Simulated Rosewood finishes
With Roland’s highly respected sound, action, technology features, and build quality, the RP-401R brings professional-level performance at a very attractive price. This handsome instrument is a perfect choice for a young family on a budget, or a piano educator looking for a quality instrument for their lesson studio. The compact design combines space-saving efficiency with traditional appointments, including an integrated music rack and a retractable lid that covers the keyboard when not in use. With your choice of Contemporary Black or Simulated Rosewood finishes, you’re able to select the right look to perfectly compliment any environment or decor.
The RP-401R features superior quality that easily outranks other instruments in its price class, providing a bedrock foundation that will last through many years of musical growth and piano enjoyment. Roland’s renowned SuperNATURAL® Piano sound engine delivers the rich, expressive sound of an acoustic grand, offering an authentic piano experience that inspires young students to practice and learn. The newly developed PHA-4 Standard Keyboard inherits the functions, appearance, and Ivory Feel texture of keyboards found in our flagship instruments, and includes the very latest sensing technology to take full advantage of SuperNATURAL Piano’s enormous tonal range. The RP-401R also has three integrated pedals like an acoustic grand, including a Progressive Damper Action pedal that offers continuous response for traditional playing techniques.
Thanks to its onboard rhythm function, the RP-401R lets students play and practice music along with a beautiful backing ensemble. This helps build timing skills in a way that’s far more engaging than the standard metronome function, and also introduces them to the exciting experience of performing along with a full band. The RP-401R’s rhythms are incredibly easy to use, providing intelligent backing that automatically follows the chords played on the keyboard. 72 different rhythm styles open players up to a diverse variety of musical genres, from rock and jazz to Latin, reggae, modern electronic styles, and many others. Playing with rhythms also offers a great opportunity to explore making music with the RP-401R’s generous selection of non-piano sounds, such as organ, guitar, brass, synths, and more.
Roland’s free apps for Apple iOS devices provide a unique way to motivate a child’s interest in playing and practice. With the Air Performer app, they can play along with favorite songs in the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly* through the RP-401R’s sound system. The Piano Partner app for iPad includes Flash Card, an interactive music program that kids will love, plus an intuitive graphical interface for selecting tones, songs, and rhythms in the RP-401R. Flash Card develops listening and reading skills in a fun way by challenging the student to identify notes shown on the iPad’s display and sounded from the piano, with awards given after five challenges. Piano Partner also includes DigiScore Lite, which displays the RP-401R’s onboard songs as sheet music on your iPad. Available from the Apple App Store, these apps make it easy to use today’s mobile technology to energize a child’s piano development.
*Wireless communication requires the Roland WNA1100-RL Wireless USB Adapter (sold separately) and a wireless LAN access point with an Internet connection.
For most modern families, the powerful digital technologies inside the RP-401R provide numerous practical benefits over any acoustic piano. First and foremost, the digital RP-401R never needs tuning and always sounds perfect, eliminating the annual costs that come with regular maintenance for an acoustic piano. Convenient features for practice and fun include a built-in metronome, a recorder for capturing and sharing performances, and a Twin Piano mode that splits the keyboard so that two people can play side by side. You can easily adjust the volume of the piano’s speakers, and there’s even a Volume Limit function for setting a maximum level to keep your kids from playing too loudly. Another major benefit of a digital piano is the ability to use headphones to practice without disturbing others; the RP-401R’s unique Headphones 3D Ambience effect greatly enriches the piano experience during these private sessions, making it feel as though the sound is emanating from the instrument itself.